If you know someone that has kids or you have them yourself this Volcano kit is a must have. Especially if your into educational toys or homeschool your kids.
My niece and nephew are both homeschooled and these has been great for them!
Dr Cool has taken an ordinary science project to new levels. Here is their product description
* Make a volcano erupt and collect 3 real volcanic specimens (pumice, obsidian arrowhead, and a geode)
* Ultimate kit includes: Volcano Mold, plaster, paints, brush, eruption powder, and 3 real specimens
* Perfect science fair project or gift for kids 6-12 that are interested in volcanoes, earth science or geology
* Full-Color Info and Activity guides were written by teachers are filled with cool science facts about volcanoes and puzzles to solve
* Winner of Gold Award from Family Review Center, Kids Product of the year from Creative Child Magazine, and Seal of Approval from the Toy Directory
You can find out more about it at Discover Dr Cool website
First you’ll use the plaster and mold included to make your volcano chamber. Then you’ll use the brush and paints included in the kit to decorate it. Next you’ll make the volcano erupt over and over again with the eruption powder (included). Plus you’ll get to examine 3 genuine volcanic specimens including: a real geode, an obsidian arrowhead, and a floating piece of volcanic rock called pumice. The information guide will teach you all about your specimens as well as how volcanoes form and why they erupt. Also included is an activity booklet with 10 fun games, puzzles, and challenges to complete. Because everything is included in the kit, you won’t need to run to the store for additional supplies. If you’re doing this project for the science fair, you’ll love how nice this volcano looks—it’s way better then those paper mache volcanoes. This is the perfect science kit for anyone interested in geology, earth science, or volcanoes.
AWARDS WON: Gold Award – Family Review Center 2012, Seal of Approval – Family Review Center – 2012, Kids Product of the Year – Creative Child Magazine -2012 and Seal of Approval – Toy Directory Monthly 2013.
disclaimer: I received the kit discussed above in exchange for sharing it with you. all opinions are 100% my own and may or not differ from yours