When consumers and prom-goers are looking at styles for upcoming formals, it is important to take accurate measurements to ensure the most flattering fit and most appealing look in the suits selected. When consumers visit specialty boutiques, bridal stores, or shop online, they will find varied options that may have some distinct measurements requested although typically there are some basic numbers required whenever customers browse prom tuxedos for rent from a vendor.
It is important to use a flexible measuring tape, such as a fabric one, and to have the assistance of another individual for accuracy purposes. The conventional measurements taken by store personnel or a tailor often include the following:
– Weight, using any type of accurate home or bathroom scale
– Height, in feet and inches, without shoes
– Waist, usually around the navel and above the hip bone
– Hips, at the largest part which crosses over the fullest part of the rump
– For out-seam, measure from outside arch of the shoe or foot to the navel
– Fullest part of chest, with arms extended overhead
– Additional chest measurement including the shoulders and arms, which should be hanging down at your side
– Neck which is easily done by wrapping tape around the neck’s perimeter
– Sleeve length, from the base or nape of the neck to the cuff or wrist
– Inside the sleeve, from the cuff to the armpit
Other suits may require additional measurements which are requested so each wearer is optimally comfortable in their new acquisition. A perfectly fitting suit or tux is flattering, and every man wants to look his very best on his most special day or at the lauded occasion. Some local merchants may request additional meeting times for fittings or to try on the altered suit. This allows for any shifts or changes that may have occurred during the time the suit has been reserved, altered, or made for the customer. Be sure to inquire from online vendors about customization or alteration options, as many may offer local sites that accommodate any needed modifications for the buyer or renter.