Family, friends, parties, gifts, gift giving, shopping, cooking, hosting, visiting, sharing, bonding. These are just a few things that this Holiday season offers many people. It is indeed a very busy time of year. Sometimes so busy that we put off the little things in order to do everything that needs to be done. This is why I like to plan ahead and take care of the small things that I might not have time for.
One of these small things I like to plan for is how I am going to wear my hair. If I don’t I am going to be showing up to the many parties this season holds in just a pony tail.
I wanted to share a few of those ideas with all the readers here at Shopping Wives.
1. The simple pony tail. There is different ways you can do the simple tail that makes it not just look so simple. Pull it up in a band, then pull out some strands and curl them around your face. The spiral curls can really look cute with this look.
2. The Bun. I have an awesome bun tool that makes this easy. You just pull your hair through the tool (that is available at Walmart) wrap your hair around the tool, slip a band over that and you have a bun!
3. French Braid. I am still trying to make the perfect french braid. I have always loved the way they look. If anyone can give me some tips on how to do it the easy way, please let me know!
4. Straighten your hair. I have always had naturally straight hair, so I didn’t really think I needed a straightener. Then one day my sister said she wanted to try her iron on mine anyways. I was surprised at the difference it made. After that I wanted my own straightener. I tried out a few but my favorite by far my favorite is one called the Ionic Style Pro. This is a ceramic hot brush and flat iron with cool touch ionic bristles. This iron has cool touch bristles which is great for styling without risk of burning yourself. It also has a few other features that makes it stand out such as: heated ceramic barrel, ceramic flat iron, non slip rubber tip and cool grip. Not only did it heat up super fast and leave me with impressive results- I love the color! Purple. Who doesn’t like purple? I normally don’t share pics of myself here, but want to show you a before & after:
yes, I am going through a bad headband phase and yes, I totally did my first ever duck face. I am not great with selfies, but I believe you can see the difference the straightening iron made in the 2nd shot. This was after braids, which is how I wear my hair a lot for everyday wearing.
5. Try out the tulip curler also from instyler. It is another easy way to get big curls fast, and its automatic wrapping makes it almost impossible to tangle your hair. I do have one and am loving it. If you are looking to make a bold statement with your hairstyle, then this should work for you.
6. Wear headbands. Okay, after the revealing photos of me with 2 of my many headbands, I have to add this one. I really think they can accent the perfect outfit and there is numerous colors available. I normally comb my hair to the side, put the band on, then just do a braid.
7. French twist is another fun way that will give you a sophisticated look. Just gather hair as if you are putting it in a tail, but twist it upwards and clip it.
8. My last hair suggestion, is more or less not a hair style, but it helps us to just “let our hair down”, minus the frizz that can be caused by weather, or coloring etc. It is another styling tool. It is called: a 2 way rotating iron. This will help you to get rid of frizz, create volume, control shine and help create texture.
However you decide to wear your hear this Holiday season, remember your gorgeous! I would love to see some photos of you and any suggestions you may have for hair styles. Be sure and tag me in all your hairstyle photos on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter & Google + (and while you are at it you may as well follow and or like me!)
If you would like to purchase any of these tools that I have talked about in this post you can now save 30%! Just go to: http://rsvpinstyler.com and use the code: SAVE30 Buy one for yourself and if your looking for gifts to share this season, these are sure to be hits!
disclosure: I would like to send a big Thank you to Instyler and Vocal point for sending me all 3 of the products I talked about in this post, as well for inspiring me to write this post. There may be some affiliate links located in this posting. All opinions in this post is 100% my own and may or may not differ from yours.