Belly bands are mainly designed for women to use during and after pregnancy. There is many benefits that wearing a band during this time. But there is also benefits to wearing a belly band when you are not pregnant. Thinking outside the box, I can come up with a few reasons. That is why I have comprised a list of the benefits of a belly band and want to share it with you.
1. Decreasing pain. No matter if your pregnant or not, wearing a band can help support the lower back. If you are experiencing pain from being pregnant or from an existing condition, the support may help.
2. Support. They kind of work like a sports bra would if you are doing any activity. If you have a firm tight stomach, then maybe you don’t need one. If you are overweight or have belly flab then you know what it is like to bounce around when doing a sport or any vigorous activity. Wearing the band can stop that bouncing.
3. They can help with posture. Walking straight really can help us in the long run. A belly band can make you sit and walk straighter and in the long run that is good for you.
4. They can bring sexy back. Yes, wearing one after you have given birth or maybe just lost weight, can help you firm up. Depending on the tightness, wearing a band can help to reshape your hips, waist and tummy.
5. Helps self confidence. No matter your reason for wanting the belly band… Having it can really help someone that feels bad about the flab have a self confidence when they go out… Having that self confidence can make the difference in whether you stay home or go out on a Saturday night.
I do own one. The one I have is from Mamaway. This one is 12% Polyester, 48% Nylon, 20% Bamboo Charcoal, 20% Rubber. The 20% bamboo charcoal helps with sweating. It also prevents bacteria and odor build up. That is important to me. While the one from Mamaway is kind of pricey at $99.95 – it is going to be one that lasts for a long time. In fact I threw mine in the washer and dryer just to see what would happen. It retained a perfect like new shape.
I don’t use mine for long periods at a time. I have heard pros and cons about things such as this. I wouldn’t wear mine over 4-6 hours at the most. But I find myself reaching more for it during the time of the month when I am feeling more bloated. While I know I am a big gal and diet and exercise is the permanent fix – I think this is a great confidence booster to have, especially when I have somewhere to attend and I want to look my best.
Disclaimer: I was sent the product discussed in this post in exchange for sharing my unbiased opinion of it. All opinions are 100% my own and may or may not differ from yours.